National Prosecco Day Introduction, History of National Prosecco Day, How To Celebrate National Prosecco Day, 5 Interesting Facts About Prosecco, Why We Love National Prosecco Day, Upcoming Dates.
Celebrate National Prosecco Day on August 13 as a day of indulgence and enjoyment. As summer comes to a close, it’s the perfect time to savor the season’s delights.
Prosecco is sure to add a touch of excitement to any occasion, whether you’re hosting a lively party with friends or attending a festive gathering. Originating from Veneto, Italy, Prosecco is the best-selling sparkling wine in the United States, loved for its effervescence and vivacity. The enchanting bubbles, known as the mousse, add that extra pizazz, making it an ideal choice for joyous celebrations.
With its sweet taste and light aroma, Prosecco is renowned for bringing a sense of fun to every sip, making it the ultimate drink of enjoyment. National Prosecco Day was established to embrace this delightful wine and all its captivating characteristics. Raise a glass and join us in celebrating this effervescent delight, toasting to good times and reveling in the fascinating facts that make Prosecco a true show-stopper. Cheers to National Prosecco Day!
HISTORY OF NATIONAL PROSECCO DAY
The origins of National Prosecco Day can be attributed to Riondo Prosecco, who established this celebratory day to coincide with the essence of summer on August 13. The choice of this date was inspired by the sparkling nature of prosecco, making it a perfect beverage to enjoy during the vibrant and sunny days of summer.
Riondo Prosecco has earned prestigious accolades, earning the title of the number one Prosecco in 2010 and receiving a Gold Medal at Minner Vinitaly in 2011. The brand was acquired by Terlato Wines in January 2016, solidifying its position in the world of sparkling wines.
Prosecco derives its name from the Italian village of Prosecco, which is itself named after the Prosecco grape. Beyond the beloved sparkling wine, Prosecco is also crafted and available as a still wine.
Historical records trace the first known spelling of prosecco to ‘Prosecho,’ mentioned by an Englishman named Fynes Moryson during his visit to northern Italy in 1593. Prosecco gained popularity as one of the renowned wines of Italy, and over time, production techniques were refined, leading to the creation of higher-quality wines.
In the 21st century, global sales of prosecco surged outside Italy, driven by its exceptional quality and relatively affordable price. The New York Times reported a significant increase in consumption, particularly in the UK, where a quarter of Italian production was exported by 2010. This marked a transformative moment in the wine industry, with prosecco emerging as one of the most sought-after wines in the United States, enjoying widespread popularity to this day.
HOW TO CELEBRATE NATIONAL PROSECCO DAY
Celebrate National Prosecco Day in style with these delightful activities:
1. Sip and Savor: Embrace the spirit of the day by indulging in the bubbly goodness of prosecco. Treat yourself and your friends to a few bottles of this sparkling wine, creating a cheerful gathering to relish the last days of summer.
2. Share the Joy: Spread the word and share your love for prosecco on social media by using the hashtag #NationalProseccoDay. Connect with fellow prosecco enthusiasts and exchange delightful moments and experiences with this sparkling wine.
3. Host a Prosecco Extravaganza: Organize a Prosecco party filled with laughter and camaraderie. Whether it’s enjoying prosecco by the beach with delectable crab cakes and scallops or savoring it alongside goat cheese, prosciutto, and fresh garden tomatoes at a summer-themed table, it’s sure to be an unforgettable affair.
National Prosecco Day presents the perfect opportunity to bask in the effervescence of this sparkling wine, creating cherished memories with friends and loved ones as you bid farewell to the joys of summer. So, raise your glasses and toast to the sparkling essence of life with the delightful goodness of prosecco!
5 INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT PROSECCO
Discover five fascinating facts about Prosecco that will pique your interest:
- Impressive Sales: Prosecco’s popularity knows no bounds, as it has surpassed the remarkable milestone of selling over 4 million cases worldwide.
- Bubbly Excellence: Among the various types of prosecco, Spumante takes the crown as the bubbliest of them all, delighting enthusiasts with its effervescence.
- Tank Fermentation: The majority of Prosecco is crafted using the Charmat method, where the second fermentation occurs in a tank, resulting in its characteristic sparkle.
- Supply Shortage: In 2016, the UK witnessed a surge in Prosecco’s demand to the point where suppliers nearly ran out of this beloved sparkling wine.
- Geographical Limitations: Due to strict trademark regulations, Prosecco can only be produced in specifically designated areas of Italy, adding an exclusive touch to its origin and authenticity.
These intriguing facts highlight Prosecco’s allure and unique production methods, making it a cherished sparkling wine enjoyed by countless enthusiasts around the globe.
WHY WE LOVE NATIONAL PROSECCO DAY
National Prosecco Day is adored for several compelling reasons:
- Affordable Delight: Prosecco’s charm lies in its affordability, making it a delightful choice for celebrations. With a popular wine and a reasonable price tag, it’s a true winner, making National Prosecco Day a cause for rejoicing. Many simply love it for its pocket-friendly price and delightful taste.
- Embodying ‘La Dolce Vita’: Prosecco is known to embody the essence of “La dolce vita,” the Italian phrase for the good life. Its light and fruity taste evoke an ambiance that the creators intended people to experience, adding to the allure of this sparkling wine.
- Summer All Year Round: Prosecco’s refreshing flavor, with subtle notes of pear and apple, forever reminds us of summer, regardless of the season in which it’s consumed. National Prosecco Day celebrates this wine’s versatility and crispness, transporting us to carefree summer vibes.
National Prosecco Day Dates:
- 2023: August 13, Sunday
- 2024: August 13, Tuesday
- 2025: August 13, Wednesday
- 2026: August 13, Thursday
- 2027: August 13, Friday
With its affordable appeal, a celebration of the good life, and the eternal taste of summer, National Prosecco Day holds a special place in the hearts of wine enthusiasts. Mark your calendar and raise your glasses to savor the joy of Prosecco on this delightful day!
National Prosecco Day FAQS:-
What is National Prosecco Week?
National Prosecco Week will take place from July 17th to July 23rd, 2023. It’s a promotional and educational initiative organized by the Protection Consortium for the sixth year in a row. The event focuses on trade, media, and end consumers, with engaging campaigns centered around Prosecco, the delightful sparkling wine from Italy. Join us for a week of celebrations, learning, and appreciation of Prosecco’s unique flavors and heritage. Cheers to National Prosecco Week